"...to comfort all who mourn, and provide for those who grieve in Zion--to bestow on them a crown of beauty instead of ashes, the oil of gladness instead of mourning, and a garment of praise instead of a spirit of despair. They will be called oaks of righteousness, a planting of the Lord for the display of His splendor."
Isaiah 61:2b-3

e-mail address

southerngospel_chic@yahoo.com

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Lily

My Dear Lily,

I miss you more than I can handle most days. I think everyday about how pregnant I would be. I think about what you would look like. I found a picture that looks like what I picture you might have looked like. I picture your daddy's eye color, such an amazing blue, with his dark blonde hair. I wouldn't have minded if you had my feet. Maybe you would have loved music like your older sister and us. You might have sang songs with me (us).

I know you must love Heaven. Deep down I wouldn't want you back here, but yet I wish for that very thing. I wish I could have held you in my arms, I wish I could have rocked you to sleep and snuggled with you, and sang you lullabies. I would have picked out pretty dresses, and pretty bows. I would have done your hair once you got your hair (since you probably would have been bald like me until you were a toddler).

I hope that Jesus lets you know how much we love you...and that includes everyone. Your sister, your daddy, me, your grandparents, your aunts and uncles, and your cousins. Even some of our good friends miss you....even if it's not as much as I miss you.

I hope He gives you a hug from me and lots of kisses. I hope he lets you catch a glimpse of us as we get older. But I also pray that maybe I can catch a glimpse of you in my dreams some night.

Just know I love you. And deep down I'm giving you hugs and kisses and singing to you. I'll see you someday, baby girl.

Love,
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment