"...to comfort all who mourn, and provide for those who grieve in Zion--to bestow on them a crown of beauty instead of ashes, the oil of gladness instead of mourning, and a garment of praise instead of a spirit of despair. They will be called oaks of righteousness, a planting of the Lord for the display of His splendor."
Isaiah 61:2b-3

e-mail address

southerngospel_chic@yahoo.com

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Still Learning

I'm still learning so much from the Lord. He seems to want to teach me many lessons at once, or maybe they are all the same lesson and I have yet to tie them together.

I'm learning how to let go and let God....in every area of my life.

I'm learning how to be content (truly content) in everything.

I'm learning how to have the joy of the Lord everyday.

They all seem to be connected. When I truly let go and I'm content I see the joy of the Lord in my life. So I guess I can't learn one lesson without the other.

Because this freedom and letting go is so new to me, I have found that it's a choice I have to make everyday. I have to consciously say to myself, "I choose to be content, I choose to let ____ go, and I choose to have joy today."

I've had quite a few days lately when I've had those old feelings creep up and I have to "take my thoughts captive" and make myself let it go. The enemy has worked hard to bring me down, but I refuse to harbor bitterness and anger like I did before. I don't like the me that was that way. I like the new me that is free and full of joy.

The first day that I had a bad day and was feeling down, I was frustrated cause I thought I was going backwards. But I took my thoughts captive and realized that it's ok to have a bad day every once-in-a-while. It's gonna happen. You just hold on to God for the day and know that tomorrow will be better. You wouldn't believe how it's helped me.

I've also learned that my spiritual "health" has a couple of factors in it.

One: my physical well-being affects my spiritual well-being
Two: my emotional well-being affects my spiritual well-being

So while I was sick this past week and feeling physically down, it affected me emotionally, which in turn affected me spiritually. So I was really fighting a battle to feel good all around.

I know, I have kind of went from one subject to another to another. It's been too long since I've blogged. That's what happens I guess. I have a challenge for you today. I want you to really think about it:

Are you truly free? Are you really content where God has you? Do you really have His true joy in your life?

Don't just answer these questions quickly. Sit down and really think about it. I want the best for you and so does God. I pray that you would find your answers to these questions and are able to change the answers if needed. God bless you and I hope you feel His hand on you today.

No comments:

Post a Comment