"...to comfort all who mourn, and provide for those who grieve in Zion--to bestow on them a crown of beauty instead of ashes, the oil of gladness instead of mourning, and a garment of praise instead of a spirit of despair. They will be called oaks of righteousness, a planting of the Lord for the display of His splendor."
Isaiah 61:2b-3

e-mail address

southerngospel_chic@yahoo.com

Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Word of God

So has anybody thought about their list of things to be thankful for? I've needed mine this past week more than I realized. I was not being thankful for what I have. I have really been struggling with bitterness, not being content where God has me, and being angry where I am in life. Not a good combination. Yesterday after a really good time of feeling sorry and pouting, I picked up a book full of scriptures, that are grouped into different subjects that a person might be dealing with, and all the verses that are speaking to me, I've been writing on notecards to hang on my mirror or bedroom wall. I knew in my head that I was supposed to go to the Word of God when I was feeling down, but I guess I had to experience it yesterday to watch the miracle that happened. It's hard to admit it, because I have this issue with pride and I don't like to admit that other people are right (cause I should always be right...lol). But I have to say that someone gave me some good advice yesterday and until I read about it in scripture I was angry with them and shut them out. I guess that means that today I get to go and apologize for being angry with them. Wow, that's a hard thing to do, you know. Especially for someone who seems to be so full of pride and always wants to be right.

My advice for today? Stay in the Word of God. Even if you are angry. Even if you have to read it out of a scripture book that puts verses with certain subjects. Just be in God's Word in some way. He will speak to you. He's so good at that. Learn with me about the healing hand of the Lord.

Lord, I admit that I'm full of pride. I admit that I was angry yesterday when I got good advice from my mom. I'm sorry for that. Forgive me. Please help me lay down my anxiety, bitterness, anger, depression, etc. and to be content with where I am and what I have. God you have a perfect plan for my life, and I admit I don't understand it one bit sometimes. But that's where trust and faith come in. But I need Your help to get through, I can't do it alone. Please be with the ready, send your Holy Spirit to them and lay your hand on them. I love You, Lord and I trust you with all my heart.
Amen

1 comment:

  1. It's okay to be angry with moms. We understand and we don't always want to give you the advice that God gives us to give to you, but in obedience we do it because of our love for you. I know that in your heart you knew what I was saying, and although it will not be an easy road for you, you have us with you every step of the way. We love you and who you are. You are a beautiful creation of God, made for a purpose that he will show to you. Accept his perfect will and I know you will feel blessed beyond measure. I love you! Mom

    ReplyDelete