"...to comfort all who mourn, and provide for those who grieve in Zion--to bestow on them a crown of beauty instead of ashes, the oil of gladness instead of mourning, and a garment of praise instead of a spirit of despair. They will be called oaks of righteousness, a planting of the Lord for the display of His splendor."
Isaiah 61:2b-3

e-mail address

southerngospel_chic@yahoo.com

Friday, February 19, 2010

"I've got the Joy, Joy, Joy, down in my heart"

I'm posting this because at the moment I'm not feeling the joy down in my heart. And I think it's a good idea to remember the things we have to be thankful for that bring us joy. So I'm going to make a list of the things that I'm thankful for and that bring me joy.

-My husband (who is very understanding as far as men are concerned)

-I have a 14 year-old daughter who is growing in the Lord

-I have a very supportive extended family (I can cry with them whenever I want, and they are very compassionate when I'm having a hard time with someone else's pregnancy)

-I have a house to live in

-I have food to eat

-I can walk

-I can see, hear, smell, taste and touch

-The community I live in, is a very close-knit community and we support each other

-I have a great church family (who would help me through hard times if I would let them know I'm going through them)

-I have two very friendly dogs and a snuggly cat

-I have a vehicle to drive

-I have friends who love me and will sacrifice their time to come over, call, and cry with me when I'm feeling down (Thank you guys)

-I have 4 beautiful neices and 3 wonderful nephews (and one more on the way (possibely two)...not sure what the sex is yet)


-And last, but the thing I'm most thankful for, I have a God who loves me, who sent His son to die for me so that I could live with Him forever in Heaven

Now, I probably will be able to think of more as the day goes on and I might post more and add to it. But this is a pretty good start. If I can't feel thankful and full of the joy of the Lord after this list, then I'm just a lost cause.

Ok, your turn. I want you to share what you are thankful for. What do you have to be joyful about in life? It really does pick up your mood to think of these things. I'll be curious to see what you share. YOu never know, you might inspire others.

Lord, I'm sorry for being angry, depressed, and just plain upset. I know these are normal feelings, but please help me at the time of these feelings to remember what I do have to be thankful for. That I have your joy at all times even when I don't feel "happy." I pray that everyone can have a great, big, long list of items that they are thankful for. I love you and thank you for your forgiveness when I mess up.
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment