"...to comfort all who mourn, and provide for those who grieve in Zion--to bestow on them a crown of beauty instead of ashes, the oil of gladness instead of mourning, and a garment of praise instead of a spirit of despair. They will be called oaks of righteousness, a planting of the Lord for the display of His splendor."
Isaiah 61:2b-3

e-mail address

southerngospel_chic@yahoo.com

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Healing

I've seen some healing in my life since I last posted. Wanna know how I know this? I started on a couple projects that I couldn't work on before.

I love to cross-stitch, and when we decided to start our family (as in trying for a baby) I bought a bunch of bibs to cross-stitch. I ended up with so many that I decided to give a few away before we had our own baby. So I would stitch them up, and give some away as baby gifts (most to neices and nephews). But as the pile of bibs gets smaller, I find it harder and harder to give them away (knowing I may never get to use them on my own). So, I quit working on them. I put them in a bag and hid them under my bed (since I never clean under there anyway..lol).

Not to long ago, my sis-in-law asked me to stitch something for her oldest daughter (something I had made for her youngest daughter so they'd match). I have had it for months and months and I'm just now picking it back up to work on it. And with it I pulled out two more bibs. Because I have 6 months to get these new bibs done before I get a new niece or nephew. I admit I cried...no that's not right...I sobbed about taking them back out and knowing that after these two are gone I have 6 bibs left to stitch.

...But I've been doing something new most days. I've been reading or singing a couple hymns that have powerful words. One is "I Have Decided To Follow Jesus" and the other is "I Surrender All". If you get a chance to read the words or hear the songs they are good. My favorite version of these two songs are done by Selah so listen to them if you can.

This has been a turning point for me. I've decided to surrender all to Jesus. I am choosing to be content where He has me. Yeah, I've been through some tough times, I've had times of grief, but He's still there. And as hard as it's been to let go of some things in my life, it's been freeing. I'm also enjoying the blessings I have in life a lot more as I give it all to Him.

Is there a song or songs that touch your heart when times are tough? It doesn't have to be a hymn. It can be a praise and worship song, a contemporary Christian song, a country song, a rock song, a rap song, any song out there. I would love it if you would share it with me. I would love it if you would share as a comment what song touches you and why it touches you. It might just speak to others. That's how I've found some of the songs that touch me....others have mentioned them as healing songs for them.

Lord, I don't know about the readers, but I give my all to You. All to You I surrender, all to You I freely give. I pray that we would all find the peace of surrendering to You. God touch lives in ways that need touched. Heal hearts that are hurting and grieving. I love you, Lord.
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment