"...to comfort all who mourn, and provide for those who grieve in Zion--to bestow on them a crown of beauty instead of ashes, the oil of gladness instead of mourning, and a garment of praise instead of a spirit of despair. They will be called oaks of righteousness, a planting of the Lord for the display of His splendor."
Isaiah 61:2b-3

e-mail address

southerngospel_chic@yahoo.com

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Streets of Heaven

I added a song to my playlist.

I hadn't heard the song for awhile. It's called "Streets of Heaven" by Sherrie Austin. Some might say that it's not a good song, because it's about a woman who is sitting by her young daughters side in a hospital praying that God will let her daughter live. She's arguing with God and giving Him reasons why He shouldn't take her little girl.

But you know, it's a real song. I remember having these same kind of feelings. Pretty much being angry that God chose to take something away from me. But then in the end the woman comes to terms with her grief and allows God to have His way in her life no matter how it turns out....that is so like me now.

I posted right before this about how God is working in me and I've been slowly learning to allow Him to work His plan no matter what it is. Just had to share about this song. I think it's a good one.

No comments:

Post a Comment