"...to comfort all who mourn, and provide for those who grieve in Zion--to bestow on them a crown of beauty instead of ashes, the oil of gladness instead of mourning, and a garment of praise instead of a spirit of despair. They will be called oaks of righteousness, a planting of the Lord for the display of His splendor."
Isaiah 61:2b-3

e-mail address

southerngospel_chic@yahoo.com

Thursday, January 14, 2010

The voices in my head

I know, the title of the post sounds like I am absolutely crazy...maybe I am...lol. Ok, but seriously I wanted to share something that spoke to me today. I've been reading a book by Frank Peretti(sp?), and in the book he writes graphic scenes about battles going on between angels and demons. These demons in the book put thoughts inside the heads of some of the characters (kind of like voices inside a head except not actually physical). I got to thinking about how I listen to these voices so often. If I make a mistake I have the thought of 'you are so stupid'. If I don't like what I see in the mirror I think 'you are so ugly". When I think about my life and the things I've desired and have not gotten I think 'you didn't deserve them'. So many times I "hear" these voices in my head and I listen to them. They tell me I'm not a good wife, mother, worship leader, daughter, Christian, etc. What I need to be doing is listening to the voice of God (the voice of Truth). How many of you have "heard" these voices telling you lies and you believe them? Then I went to my voice lesson tonight and my voice instructor is having me sing the song "Softly and Tenderly" and the words just hit me:

"Softly and tenderly, Jesus is calling
Calling for you and for me..."

I need to listen to that voice. That still, small voice that speaks the truth to my heart. This voice tells me "I loved you enough to die for you. You are so precious. I work all things for your good, even when bad things happen." I hope that you can allow the voice of God to overcome all the other "voices in your head".

Heavenly Father, I want to be in love with you more than I have ever been. I want your voice to be the one I hear on a daily basis. God I also pray for these women reading the blog that you would overcome the voices that lie to them and replace them with Your truth. I just claim this in Your precious and Holy Name.
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment