"...to comfort all who mourn, and provide for those who grieve in Zion--to bestow on them a crown of beauty instead of ashes, the oil of gladness instead of mourning, and a garment of praise instead of a spirit of despair. They will be called oaks of righteousness, a planting of the Lord for the display of His splendor."
Isaiah 61:2b-3

e-mail address

southerngospel_chic@yahoo.com

Friday, January 1, 2010

Struggles

You know what's interesting? Sometimes when I think I have something to say or do that is encouraging to others, God tends to use it for me. When I posted about the Holidays being tough and gave advice on how to cope, I didn't realize that it would be me that needed it the most. I spent the past week struggling like crazy with depression and anger. And I forgot totally that my blog had the advice that I needed. I knew that to minister to others would ultimately be just as much a ministry to myself as those reading it. But I tend to forget that. I also wanted to share this, because I think it shows that I'm just a real-life woman who struggles with real-life issues. I'm not perfect and I will never claim to be. So if you didn't do so well during this Christmas season, it's ok. I didn't do so well either. Let's just keep hanging on to God and let him comfort us.

Heavenly Father, I struggled this Christmas season. I am sorry for the anger that got lashed out to my family members. Forgive me for forgetting that you were right there with me the whole time. I pray that even in my season of grieving that I would grow in You. I pray that you touch those who may be reading this. Show them who You truly are. I love You so much. Thank you for all you do for me. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment