"...to comfort all who mourn, and provide for those who grieve in Zion--to bestow on them a crown of beauty instead of ashes, the oil of gladness instead of mourning, and a garment of praise instead of a spirit of despair. They will be called oaks of righteousness, a planting of the Lord for the display of His splendor."
Isaiah 61:2b-3

e-mail address

southerngospel_chic@yahoo.com

Wednesday, December 23, 2009

The Beginning

Well, here goes. I'm starting down a road that is different for me. Out of the blue God called me to share my life on a blog and minister to others who have been through, or are going through the things that I have been through. I take this very seriously because I know what it feels like to think you are alone. I will slowly share my story as well as words of encouragement and things I am learning as I travel this path along with you.

I weep with you if you are reading my blog because you have lost a baby/child. It doesn't matter if it happened through miscarriage, abortion, stillbirth, or even if your child was an infant or older. It doesn't matter if it happened yesterday or 20 years ago. I don't think a mother ever really "gets over" something like this. But that is what I hope God will use me for. I myself have been through multiple miscarriages, and even though the first one was 9 years ago, I still remember it as though it was yesterday, and I still grieve at certain times.

As I share my story, my heart, and my journey I hope you will feel free to leave comments. But I will request that the comments do not put anyone down or are discouraging in any way. I also hope that I can be available to sort of be "one-on-one" with some of you, through e-mail. I am still working on getting some things set up and an e-mail address is something that I am going to get very soon. It will be for this blog only, for me to check and respond to as needed. This may also be a way of leaving positive "criticism" or should say feedback and let me know the needs of those out there who are grieving. That way it's a little more private and I can assess the needs as I am able to.

I also want to share that I am a Christian, and I will openly talk about my love for God and His only Son who died for my sins. This is something that I must talk about, for it is the very thing that has gotten me through my grief. I will not pressure anyone to accept my Lord, but if you read something that touches your heart and you have questions about my faith, send me a message on the blog e-mail (which I will post asap). I will be closing out a lot of my posts with a prayer as well. Which reminds me, you are more than welcome to share prayer requests with me through the e-mail. These will not become public unless you request me to do so.

Wow, God has entrusted me with quite a task, and as I said, I take this very seriously. I am not a counselor, nor do I claim to be one...but I have been through some struggles of my own and can share the burden of your struggles with you. The load may be great for one person, but the load is lightened as the burden is shared.

Lord, touch the hearts of those who read this blog. I pray that your hand of comfort would be upon them. God, use me for your purpose. I am a willing vessel. It is so hard to go through trials in life, and I don't like to see others hurting, but God, if you would allow me to share the burden with them, I pray that they would feel lighter and would sense Your peace and love around them. You tell us in Your Word that "in this world we will have troubles, but You have overcome the world." Thank you for that. It's in your awesome and precious name I pray.
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment